Remove Excess Moisture & Restore Your Comfort
Excess moisture in your home causes more than just physical discomfort. It can also damage the wood in your home and pose a number of health risks, including mold spores.
To ensure your safety and comfort through it all, Tonna installs and services a wide range of dehumidifiers that will effectively remove moisture from your air and provide much-needed relief.
With Higher Temperatures Comes Higher Humidity
Here in Southeastern Minnesota, humidity levels rise during the warmer months. The ideal humidity level for a healthy home lies between 30% and 50%. But when temperatures begin to soar and your home exceeds the 50% level, this is when problems start to crop up.
The Telltale Signs You Need a Dehumidifier
You’ll want to consider a dehumidifier for your home if:
- There’s an increased presence of water in your home. Resonating in the form of damp spots, water stains, mold or mildew on ceilings or walls and the growth of small black spots (AKA mold spores) in sinks, bathtubs or showers, having water where it shouldn’t be is a major red flag.
- You’re experiencing allergy symptoms. Excess moisture in the air can cause airborne allergens, such as dust mites, mildew and mold spores, to grow and spread, increasing the intensity of allergy symptoms.
- You smell musty odors. Hard-to-spot mold and mildew will emit a smell you can’t miss.
- Your home accents are deteriorating. When wood and home accents retain moisture for too long, they’ll start to rot, warp and, with enough time, deteriorate.
- You’re living in a humid and uncomfortable environment. When your home is hot and humid, it’s a recipe for discomfort. Excess moisture in the air will leave you with a sticky, sweaty or clammy feeling.
- You’re dealing with a pest infestation. High-moisture areas are an ideal environment for termites, cockroaches and other pests.
- There is accumulated condensation. If water visibly gathers on windows and other resting places, a dehumidifier is needed.
- You live in an apartment building and are experiencing symptoms. Even if you keep your living environment clean, mildew spores from other apartments can travel through the ventilation system or build up in the walls between adjoining apartments.
The Far-Reaching Benefits of Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifying your Rochester-area home quickly eliminates moisture in the air and offers these additional benefits:
- Lower energy costs and increased system efficiency. Humid air forces your AC to work harder to simultaneously cool your home and remove moisture from the air. By easing the burden on your AC unit, dehumidifiers prolong the life of your equipment while reducing your energy bills.
- Reduced levels of allergens. With a dehumidifier in your corner, you’ll make your home less hospitable to allergens and find much-needed relief to your symptoms. Finally, you can breathe easily through the summer!
- Mold prevention. Less-humid air prevents mold from growing in your home and posing health risks to you and your family.
- Increased comfort. Dehumidifiers reduce irritation to your skin and respiratory system, allowing you to breathe cleaner air and enjoy a more comfortable home environment.
- Longer lifespan of your perishables and belongings. Dehumidifiers keep your breads and cereals fresher for longer periods of time and help prevent electronics, tools and other equipment from rusting and corroding.
Carrier Dehumidifiers: The Ultimate Moisture-Depleting Solution
When your indoor air feels too moist, you can count on Tonna Mechanical to help eliminate excessive moisture and restore a comfortable humidity level.
Whether you intend to simply reduce the moisture in a specific, poorly ventilated area or you’re looking to decrease the overall “sticky” feeling of your home, we sell, install and service leading Carrier dehumidifiers in an array of sizes and models to meet your various needs.
Remove That ‘Tonna’ Moisture With the Experts
At Tonna, our goal is to ensure your year-round health and comfort with proper indoor air quality. If you find you experience allergy symptoms and other unpleasantries during the warmer months, a dehumidifier can be all it takes to turn the tables and get your home feeling “just right” again.
To learn more about the products we carry and whether you stand to benefit from a dehumidifier, schedule a free estimate online or call Tonna Mechanical at 507-205-2873 today!