We Bring the Speed You Need
A cold shower in the middle of winter isn’t exactly refreshing. We’re shivering just thinking about it!
When your water heater suddenly stops working, you’re forced to realize just how much you depend on hot water. Whether you’re cooking, washing your clothes or taking a shower, you need hot water to do all of these things.
At Tonna Mechanical, we understand the urgency of a broken water heater. Offering residential and commercial water heater repair services, including 24/7 emergency support, we’re ready to step in and restore your hot water in the fastest, most cost-effective way possible. And if your unit is beyond repair, we’ll replace your water heater with a more reliable, energy-efficient one. Rest assured, our word is backed by more than 40 years of honest service. We’ll only recommend replacement if it’s truly in your best interest.
When Does My Water Heater Need Professional Repair?
If you notice something unusual about your water heater, there’s likely something wrong with it. Just like any other piece of equipment, the longer you wait to fix the problem, the more likely it is to worsen over time. Luckily, there are a number of ways to tell if there’s an issue with your water heater so you can have it fixed quickly and avoid having to replace it prematurely.
You’ll want to consider scheduling water heater repair if:
- The water is too hot or too cold. If the water coming from your gas or electric water heater is too hot or too cold, this can be due to a thermostat issue or sediment buildup.
- There’s water leaking from the top of the unit. Leaking water can mean the temperature and pressure (T&P) valve has failed. It can also be a sign an inlet or outlet pipe is loose. Either way, you’ll want to call in a plumber to fix the problem before it becomes more serious and expensive to correct.
- The water is rusty or brown-colored. If your unit is producing rusty or brown-colored water, this may be a serious sign that the interior of your water heater has corroded. This is a situation when your water heater may need to be replaced, depending on the nature of the problem.
- The water is emitting a foul odor. Foul-smelling water coming from your hot water tank is likely due to a high level of bacteria. This is commonly seen in homes with well water as the primary water source. If you’re unsure where your water is coming from, check the water bill to learn its source. The most common solution is to replace the anode rod, but this all depends on the situation. We’ll take a close look at your unit to determine exactly what’s going on and recommend the appropriate repair.
- The unit is making unusual noises. If the unit is making banging or rattling noises, it’s important to have a professional come in and correct the problem.
Prevent Future Water Heater Repairs With Seasonal Maintenance
Just as your heater or air conditioner needs regular fine-tuning, the same goes for your water heater. During a maintenance inspection, the plumber will examine all of the major components of your water heater and make sure everything is up to par. He or she will perform a number of tasks to prolong the life of your unit, such as draining sediment from the tank and testing the pressure-relief valve. By regularly inspecting your water heater, we are able to correct any minor issues that would otherwise become more serious and expensive repairs.
As a member of our “Just Right” Comfort Club, you can add water heater maintenance to any of our plans. The Comfort Club is our comprehensive maintenance agreement that protects your heating, cooling and, depending on the plan, your plumbing. Click here to learn more about the different plans we offer and how a comprehensive maintenance approach saves you more money in the long run.
Schedule Water Heater Repair in Rochester, MN
No matter what’s wrong with your water heater, you just want the problem fixed fast. That’s why, in addition to our 24/7 service, we arrive in fully stocked vehicles to fix the problem quickly and efficiently. That’s just how we roll!
To request water heater repair for your home or business, contact us online or call Tonna Mechanical at 507-205-2873.