Choose the Team That’s Been Doing It for Decades
A primary energy source for Rochester homes, the gas line into your house is one of the most important parts of your heating and plumbing systems. It’s also something that you never want to fiddle with. Gas leaks can pose a serious health and safety risk and need to be repaired by a trained and certified professional.
At Tonna Mechanical, our technicians are licensed, insured and certified to repair and install gas lines for homes across Southeastern Minnesota. As long as we’re working on your gas lines, you can rest assured that you and your family will stay safe and fully informed every step of the way.
How Do I Know When My Gas Line Needs to Be Repaired?
When it comes to gas lines, there are certain red flags to look out for. You’ll want to call in the professionals if:
- You hear a hissing noise. If you can’t pinpoint the source of the hissing noise, there’s a good chance it’s a gas leak. Leave the premises immediately and call a professional plumber to find and repair the leak.
- You feel a sense of dizziness, nausea or fatigue. Gas leaks can cause you to feel a number of physical symptoms. If you’re feeling dizzy, nauseous or lethargic and you don’t know why, call a plumber to determine whether there’s a gas leak.
- There’s a rotten egg smell in your home. Because natural gas is colorless and odorless, utility companies add sulfur to the gas to make leaks more detectable. If you notice a rotten egg smell in your home, there is likely a gas leak somewhere. Vacate your home and call the professionals at Tonna to locate and repair the leak.
- There are dead patches of grass and dying vegetation on your property. As natural gas leaks, it will kill the surrounding grass and vegetation. If your grass and plants are suddenly dying without explanation, this can indicate a gas leak.
- Your appliances are making unusual noises or working inefficiently. When there’s a gas leak, it can cause appliances connected to the gas line to work less efficiently. If you notice sudden issues with these appliances, call in a professional to inspect your gas line and determine whether there’s a leak.
- Your gas bills are abnormally high. If gas is leaking somewhere along the line, you’re going to end up using more gas. If your bills are suddenly going up without a logical explanation, there could be a leak that needs to be fixed.
If you notice any of the above, contact us immediately to examine your gas line and repair any leaks. Gas leaks can pose imminent danger if they’re not addressed quickly, which is why we’re available 24/7 to step in and repair your gas line at any time.
Schedule Gas Line Repair in Rochester, MN
Whether you notice a rotten egg smell or a sudden increase in your gas bill, don’t overlook the warning signs. Gas is highly flammable and even the smaller leaks can be very dangerous. Our plumbers are highly trained to repair gas lines and will quickly fix the leak so you can have peace of mind and feel safe at home again.
To schedule gas line repair for your home in Rochester, MN, or elsewhere in Southeastern Minnesota, contact us online or call Tonna Mechanical at 507-205-2873.