We’ll Help You Make Sure of It
There are plenty of things to love about Southeastern Minnesota. Unfortunately, a clean water supply isn’t one of them.
Our water in Rochester, MN, and the surrounding areas is particularly hard and contains high levels of calcium, iron, arsenic and other contaminants. In fact, our water supply is five times harder than the national average. So it’s no surprise we can see and feel the effects of poor water quality in our homes and businesses.
As the only authorized Hellenbrand dealer in our area, Tonna Mechanical provides top-notch products and services that ensure safe and clean drinking water. Not only is this better for your health, but it also frees you from the other frustrations of hard water, including spotty dishes, itchy clothes and more.
Matching the Right System to Your Needs
We call ourselves “The Just Right Company” because there is nothing cookie-cutter about our services. From the products we install to the services we provide, we tailor everything to your needs and your comfort—without exception.
After identifying what’s in your water with a free comprehensive water test in Rochester, MN, our experts will recommend the system and filters that will best suit your water.
Or, if your water has a high concentration of calcium and iron, our water softeners in Rochester, MN, will cleanse your water of these minerals.
Our Water Purification Strategies
Depending on what’s wrong with your water, we will recommend one or a combination of our water purification strategies, including:
Reverse Osmosis: Filter Out Impurities
Reverse osmosis works by removing harmful contaminants from your drinking water. Using semi-permeable membrane filters, your water can pass through your pipes and simultaneously remove dissolved impurities.
Reverse osmosis removes:
- Heavy metals
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
Designed to conveniently fit under your sink or in your mechanical room, reverse osmosis systems provide you with clean, healthy and great-tasting drinking water.
As the area’s only authorized Hellenbrand dealers, we at Tonna Mechanical are proud to offer a line of high-quality reverse osmosis systems.
Some of our best reverse osmosis systems include:
Hellenbrand Millennium Drinking Water System
The Millennium Drinking Water System reduces contaminants and turns tap water into clean, refreshing water for better health—all for only pennies per day. A four-stage system filters water to the molecular level, resulting in healthier, safer and better-tasting water.
The Millennium system provides an array of benefits, including:
- Delicious, clean and clear water on demand
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants
- NSF Certified for reduction of many contaminants, including cysts, lead and radium
- Equipped with an attractive faucet
- Compact design can be installed in multiple locations
- Environmentally sound water treatment
- Cost-effective and convenient, making fresh, clean water ready at your tap to end your dependency on bottled water
Hellenbrand Always Fresh Drinking Water System
Drinking water, including bottled water, can contain a small amount of contaminants. Whether your water source is municipal or a private well, contaminants inevitably exist in your water.
However, the presence of contaminants does not necessarily indicate your water poses a health risk. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) regulates disinfection byproducts and aims to limit homeowners’ exposure. However, the EPA estimates more than 260 million individuals are exposed to disinfection byproducts, which can cause cancer or other reproductive and developmental health risks.
The Always Fresh System is tested, certified & approved to protect your family’s drinking water from:
- Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE). A gasoline additive found in ground water.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). These include gasoline, solvents, industrial and household cleaners, pesticides and other chemicals that can leach into your water supply.
- Trihalomethanes (THMs). Chlorine and/or chloramine disinfection byproducts.
- A heavy metal causing anemia (damage to the gastrointestinal tract and nervous system).
- Parasite Cysts. Giardia and Cryptosporidium found in 97% of all surface water.
- Bacteria and Bio Film. Shortens cartridge life due to a buildup of a bio film on the surface of the filtration system.
ION® SlimLine Cabinet – Drinking Water Systems
Enjoy the technology of pure refreshment with ION™ Bottleless Water Cooler. Designed to fit on most countertops, the ION™ makes a great office water cooler where space may be limited. Easily convert the ION Countertop to a Floor Standing Model.
Whether you want to cool off with a refreshing drink or unwind with a warm beverage, this system fulfills your every need.
With this purification system, you will discover:
- Premium-filtered drinking water
- Purification technology that effectively removes pollutants, chlorine and odor-causing chemicals
Water Filters: Specialty & Chemical-Free Filtration
Here in Southeastern Minnesota, our location makes for some of the nation’s most beautiful scenery. Unfortunately, this same geographic location makes our water particularly hard.
Rather than constantly stocking up on bottled water, a water filtration system can provide the treatment your water needs.
As the area’s only authorized Hellenbrand dealer, we at Tonna Mechanical are privileged to install some of the best systems the industry can provide. In addition, our water treatment experts provide both installation and repair services for a wide variety of makes and models. No matter what type of system you have, our team is here to get your water back on track.
Our wide array of water filtration systems will improve your water in a multitude of ways, including:
- Eliminating unpleasant tastes and odors
- Removing chlorine, sulfur, rust stains and blue-green stains (e.g., sign of low pH)
- Reducing turbidity
- Neutralizing acid water
- Reducing iron and manganese
- Removing solids
Ultraviolet Water Treatments: Light Your Way to Cleaner Water
To solve the most complex problems, you sometimes have to get creative. This is the principle behind ultraviolet water treatment.
Using ultraviolet light technology, these high-tech systems provide a reliable, economical and chemical-free way to purify your drinking water.
UV water treatment provides an array of benefits, including:
- An effective, chemical-free way to destroy certain waterborne contaminants—without altering the taste of your water.
- The ability to inactivate chorine-resistant parasites, such as cryptosporidium and giardia
- The ability to inactivate harmful bacteria, such as E. coli, as well as other viruses that are not visible to the naked eye
- An environmentally sound way of treating water that refrains from using disinfectant products
- A treatment that does not alter water chemistry, taste, odor or color
- Low operational costs—equivalent to energy used in a 40-watt light bulb
Chlorine Pumps: Keep Your Well Water & Spring Water Clean
Our well and spring water in the Kasson, Byron and Rochester areas of Southeastern Minnesota are often contaminated with particles and bacteria that affect both taste and quality. With a chlorine pump, you can effectively remove these contaminants to enjoy purer, better-tasting water.
Here at Tonna Mechanical, we sell, install and service a wide range of chlorine pumps to ensure you will have a “just right” solution for your home.
Chlorine pumps are designed to:
- Kill harmful coliform and E. coli bacteria
- Eliminate sulfur (hydrogen sulfide) odors
- Oxidize iron and manganese for easier filtration
These systems are very affordable and effective in purifying your water. There are also different operational techniques to choose from, such as chlorine bleach, pellets or powder.
Choose Clean Drinking Water With Tonna Mechanical
In the Kasson, Byron and Rochester areas, finding the perfect balance for your water often requires a professional’s touch. At Tonna Mechanical, we want to make sure your water is not only pleasant to taste, but also free of contaminants.
To improve your water quality with one of our powerful water purification systems and installation services, schedule a free estimate online or call Tonna Mechanical at 507-205-2873 today!