One System to Relieve All Your Symptoms
Abruptly woken from a deep night’s sleep by the ringing of your phone, you quickly answer. A growling, scratchy voice echoes through your dry throat: “Hello?” Both you and the caller halt, befuddled by the voice that didn’t sound like you at all.
You don’t feel sick, so you begin to wonder why you’re waking up with symptoms that suggest otherwise: a dry and itchy throat, scratchy voice, cracked lips and sinus irritations.
Even though you’re not ill, the exceedingly dry nature of your bedroom’s air is causing these symptoms.
At Tonna Mechanical, we want you to be well. That’s why we sell, install and service a wide range of humidifiers that will restore the moisture and comfort our Minnesota winters strip from your home.
Humidity Is a Balancing Act
Counteracting heating season’s effects, humidifiers restore moisture to your home and allow you to maintain a more comfortable indoor environment.
The ideal humidity level for a healthy home lies between 30% and 50%. When a home’s air drops below the 30% level, this means the air is too dry and will cause an array of negative effects.
The Irrefutable Signs
You’ll want to consider a humidifier for your home if:
- Your home is always cold. If the thermostat is set high and your home is still cold, this is a telltale sign there’s not enough moisture in the air.
- The accents of your home are weakening. Dry air will gradually damage the finishing touches that make your home beautiful. Whether the paint and plaster in your kitchen are cracking, the wallpaper in your bathroom is peeling or your wooden floor is slowly shrinking and splitting, dry air can do a number on your home.
- You’re experiencing physical symptoms. If you or your family members are continually suffering from sore throats, dry and itchy skin, cracked lips, itchy eyes, nosebleeds and other sinus irritations, this is a telltale sign the air is too dry.
- Exceedingly high presence of static electricity. When no amount of dryer sheets or anti-static chemical sprays reduce the amount of electricity shocks, you know you have a bigger problem on your hands.
What Are the Benefits?
Humidifiers do much more than restore humidity to your air. Some of the most noticeable benefits include:
- Lower heating bills. Because moist air naturally feels warmer than dry air, you can lower the thermostat to save money on your monthly bills.
- Reduced risk of infections. Moist air makes it more difficult for viruses and bacteria to freely travel through your home. Humidifiers also raise your body’s resistance to bacteria and viruses, preventing stuffy noses and sore throats.
- Softer, more vibrant skin. Adding humidity to your home will add moisture to your skin. This will reduce the presence of dryness, dullness, flaking and accelerated aging.
- Faster healing times. Keeping your nasal passages and your throat moist accelerates healing, while reducing common symptoms such as coughing and sneezing.
- Healthier houseplants. Moisture keeps houseplants healthy and allows them to continue improving your home’s indoor air quality by removing toxins from the air.
- Protected wood furnishings. Moisture prevents wooden furniture, doors and molding from cracking and splitting, enhancing their quality and adding years to their lifespan.
- No growling morning voice. Humidifiers stop dry air from reaching your vocal cords, so you can wake up without sounding gruff as a bear!
- Improved sleep. Humidifiers reduce the amount of restriction in the nasal passage and, as a result, can decrease the risk for snoring.
Carrier Humidifiers: The Ultimate Dry Air Solution
Whether you intend to add moisture to your bedroom only or increase the humidity level of your entire home, Tonna sells, installs and services Carrier humidifiers in an array of sizes and models to meet your individual needs. Our experts will recommend the proper humidifier to restore your home’s optimal moisture level, eliminating the worry of dry air—for good!
Let’s Improve the Air in Your Rochester Home
Besides temperature, nothing affects indoor comfort levels more than your home’s ability to retain a consistent and healthy humidity level. At Tonna, we strive to help you reach and maintain that “Just Right” level of comfort through every season.
To learn more about our products and whether you stand to benefit from a humidifier, schedule a free estimate online or call Tonna Mechanical at 507-216-610 today!